Chemical Engineering Design Second Edition Principles Practice And Economics Of Plant And Process Design
Size: 19.69 MB
Format: PDF, ePub, Mobi
Download Read Online
Chemical Engineering Design, Second Edition, deals with the application of chemical engineering principles to the design of chemical processes and equipment. Revised throughout, this edition has been specifically developed for the U.S. market.
It provides the latest US codes and standards, including API, ASME and ISA design codes and ANSI standards. It contains new discussions of conceptual plant design, flowsheet development, and revamp design; extended coverage of capital cost estimation, process costing, and economics; and new chapters on equipment selection, reactor design, and solids handling processes.
A rigorous pedagogy assists learning, with detailed worked examples, end of chapter exercises, plus supporting data, and Excel spreadsheet calculations, plus over 150 Patent References for downloading from the companion website. Extensive instructor resources, including 1170 lecture slides and a fully worked solutions manual are available to adopting instructors.
This text is designed for chemical and biochemical engineering students (senior undergraduate year, plus appropriate for capstone design courses where taken, plus graduates) and lecturers/tutors, and professionals in industry (chemical process, biochemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical sectors).
New to this edition:
- Revised organization into Part I: Process Design, and Part II: Plant Design. The broad themes of Part I are flowsheet development, economic analysis, safety and environmental impact and optimization. Part II contains chapters on equipment design and selection that can be used as supplements to a lecture course or as essential references for students or practicing engineers working on design projects.
- New discussion of conceptual plant design, flowsheet development and revamp design
- Significantly increased coverage of capital cost estimation, process costing and economics
- New chapters on equipment selection, reactor design and solids handling processes
- New sections on fermentation, adsorption, membrane separations, ion exchange and chromatography
- Increased coverage of batch processing, food, pharmaceutical and biological processes
- All equipment chapters in Part II revised and updated with current information
- Updated throughout for latest US codes and standards, including API, ASME and ISA design codes and ANSI standards
- Additional worked examples and homework problems
- The most complete and up to date coverage of equipment selection
- 108 realistic commercial design projects from diverse industries
- A rigorous pedagogy assists learning, with detailed worked examples, end of chapter exercises, plus supporting data and Excel spreadsheet calculations plus over 150 Patent References, for downloading from the companion website
- Extensive instructor resources: 1170 lecture slides plus fully worked solutions manual available to adopting instructors